Herewith the can't miss, quick, works-every-time recipe ...
1. Slice and toast an English Muffin(s).
2. Slather with Tomato Sauce (plain, right out of the can).
3. Light Sprinkle of Oregano.
4. Grated Mozzarella.
5. Sliced/quartered Pepperoni.
6. Dusting of Parmigiana or Pecorino.
7. Bake at 350° F for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
8. Sprinkle with Pepper flakes (to taste).
BTW, keep English Muffins on hand at all times. It's the handy fall back for lots of things: Hamburgers, Breakfast (of course), PBJs.